Parks and Recreation
White County Parks and Recreation is committed to enhancing the services provided and enriching the lives of the residents of White County by providing safe and welcoming facilities and offering programming to help groups of all ages to play, learn, and grow and preserve it for future generations.
We are proud to introduce our newest feature, online registration. Click the button below register for sports online!
Registration Update for Covid-19
The White County Recreation Department will be allowing in person registration for youth football/cheerleading, fall baseball/softball and youth soccer next week,June 22 – 27.
Please understand that EACH person that comes into the lobby will have their temperature taken and we will allow only 4 person(s) at a time, so you may have to wait outside for people to leave.
Reminder that when registering for football, you must bring a CURRENT proof of residency.
The front desk will be open as follows:
Monday – Thursday 8am – 8pmFriday8am – 5pmSaturday9am – 3pm
On-line registration will still be available during this time.
White County Park & Recreation will be re-opening on Monday; May 18th, 2020.The facility will be open to fitness area, outdoor pickleball courts, outdoor basketball court and old fields.Pavilion, fitness classes, indoor pickleball courts, pool, playground, organized sports and open-gym will remain closed at this time.Fitness area is by appointment only.You must have an appointment before entering the facility.Your visit will be limited to 1 hour and only 8 persons will be allowed in at a time.
Policies and Procedures:
- If you are experiencing fever or flu like symptoms or believe you have been exposed to Coronavirus (COVID-19)DO NOT enter the facility.
- By using our facility or any of our Park areas, you will be doing so at your own risk.
- Periodic cleaning will be completed daily.
- Our hours of operation will be Monday- Thursday 8:00-7:00 Friday; 8:00-4:15 and Saturdays- 8:30-3:00.
- Social distancing of 6 feet or more.
- Water fountains will be CLOSED.
- Showers will not be available.
- Patrons may choose to wear their own masks or gloves; we are not able to provide these items.
- Check –in will be at the front entrance of the facility.Staff will check you in at your scheduled appointment time.
- You will have your temperature checked upon entering the building, anyone with a temperature of 100.4 or higher temp will not be allowed into the facility.
- A waiver will be required to be signed.
- Hand sanitizer station is available.
- Outdoors basketballs or outdoor pickleball equipment will not be provided; you must bring your own.
- Restrooms available for fitness patrons that have appointments only.
Please call to reserve your appointment, (706) 865-5275.Remember no admittance will be allowed into the facility without an appointment.
White County Parks and Recreation features activities for participants of all ages. Whether it be tee-ball or pickleball, White County has a sport or program for you. Here is a short list of some of the sport's programs featured at White County:
- Soccer (futbol)
Please call or visit our program page for more information on the sports listed above.
Wellness and Health
White County Parks and Rec is proud to offer a variety of fitness class for its members. Programs range from Tai-Chi to Spin and everything in between. Featured classes for members include:
- Cardio Dance
- Circuit Training
- Body Sculpting
- Water Aerobics (seasonal availability)
- Circuit Blast
- Silver Sneakers
For more information on the programs provided or to request new classes, please call Parks and Rec.
Membership and Benefits
Membership with White County Parks and Rec is a rewarding experience. Members receive access to all of our programs along with access to our facilities. This includes the weight room, cardio room, pickleball courts, and gymnasium (when available). We offer competitive pricing and family plans. Call or visit us for more information!
Parks and Recreation Director
327 Asbestos Rd.
Cleveland, GA 30528
P.O. Box 495
Cleveland, GA 30528
7:00 a.m. - 8 p.m. Mon - Thur
7:00a.m.-5p.m. Friday 8:30a.m-
3 p.m. Sat
8:30 a.m. - Dark; Mon - Fri
9a.m. - Dark; Sat and Sun