Hit a home run with White County Parks and Rec's baseball & softball programs. White County Parks and Rec is a proud member of the Dizzy Dean Baseball Organization. Baseball and softball seasons start in February and end in May. Our program promotes leagues for children between the ages of 3 and 14.
Mountain Athletic Conference Rules 2020
All agencies shall play by the 2020 GRPA State Athletic Manual (SAM) rules, with the attached supplement for our local rules and MAC league play. Age control date is on or before Sept. 1 of current year. This is for ALL age divisions.
- Each agency shall furnish game balls played at their location.
- Each age division shall use a continuous batting order for all age divisions. If a team is short a player(s) when the game begins, the player may be added to the BOTTOM of the lineup when they arrive.
- ONLY 4 coaches are allowed in the team’s dugout or on the field before OR during their game. This is for each age division.
- Each participant, coach and spectator shall be governed by any/all Zero Tolerance Policy of the location they are participating with.
- Local team shall always be designated the home team unless it is a doubleheader and then that team shall be home in one game and guest in the other. With a neutral site game, home team shall be determined by a coin flip.
- Metal spikes/cleats are allowed ONLY in the 14 and up age divisions of baseball or softball.
**For more information about rules, please locate the State Athletic Manual (SAM) by visiting www.grpa.org and searching for Athletics. Baseball rules are located on pg. 105 - 118 and softball rules are found on pg. 128 - 138.
Registration for "fall ball" has already begun. Registration runs from July 15th to August 10th for the 2019 fall season. See the below document for more information on age groups and game times.
Parks and Recreation Assistant Director
327 Asbestos Rd.
Cleveland, GA 30528
P.O. Box 495
Cleveland, GA 30528
7:00 a.m. - 8 p.m. Mon - Thur
7:00a.m.-5p.m. Friday 8:30a.m-
3 p.m. Sat
8:30 a.m. - Dark; Mon - Fri
9 a.m. - Dark; Sat and Sun