The White County Probate Court files, maintains, and issues all birth and death certificates that occur in White County Georgia.
Birth Certificates are not public record. There are a limited number of people who may apply to
receive a certified copy of a birth certificate.
Acceptable persons include:
- Any person listed on the birth certificate
- Either natural parent (or adoptive parent) of the person on the birth
certificate (must be listed on the birth record.)
- Grandparents of person on the birth certificate
- Siblings of the person on the birth certificate
- Spouse of the person on the birth certificate
- The applicant must have a valid picture identification card to
obtain a certified copy of a birth certificate.
- Death records are maintained in a docket available to the public.
- Certificates are available for purchase by written request.
$25.00 for the first copy of a certificate and $5.00 for each
additional copy of a certificate per visit. Fees are payable by cash,
check or money order. An application listing general information must be
filled out by the requester on both birth and death certificates when applying
To request copies by mail:
- You may request a birth or death certificate by mail by following these directions:
- Complete a written request with the following information
Name as it appears on the birth certificate
Date of Birth
List your relationship to the person on the birth certificate (i.e. self, mother, father, etc.)
- Enclose a self addressed stamped envelope
- Number of certificates you are requesting
- Enclose a local check or money order for the total amount of certificates you are requesting (fees listed above)
For additional information, please contact the White County Probate Court.
Back to Probate Court